Since my change to HP networking, I´ve been working steadily on gaining experience on every aspect of HP networking products. One product in particular is HP´s IMC which is their solution to network management. In the past I have solely worked on Solarwinds and hold a SCP. But i´m pretty impressed with IMC and the roadmap that HP is showing. So far they have been able to stick to a 6 month update turnaround, which have shown good progress. Now with the latest version E0202 they have bumped IMC upwards with some enhancements and lots of bugfixes. Enhancements
- Topology HTML 5 is now an option on the drop down menu and not hidden away.
- IPv6 management, starting with Comware.
- Virtualization (Vmware, Hyper-v/KVM / XEN get support for more template driven provisioning and other cool stuff.
- Custom view gets some more love and care with better support for backup plans and alarm filtering, and dynamic rules for selecting devices.
- Devices adapters.
- Device support (ASA 5520 / 40).
- SSL support for LDAP.
- Link Aggregation alarms now actually work.
- Annoying pop-up removed if you´re not on a officially supported browser.
- UAM gets some much needed fixes and love.
- APM gets support for postgreSQL, Hyper-V, Vmware.
- Aruba wireless now supported.
- Wireless topology now gets some HTML5 support, but were still stuck on Java for the moment.
- SDN management now includes app manegement. First step towards the new SDN app store!
Summary It´s safe to upgrade and I would advise that you do it as soon as possible. You can upgrade directly from 5.0 E0401. Read the release notes here…